How to Choose the Right Window
5 things to think about as you shop.
Windows play an important role in framing the moments that matter to you most, making every day a little brighter and more comfortable. With a wide variety of window styles available, you can choose the right one for your home. As you start shopping, consider these five things to help you focus your search:
- Lifestyle. Keep the people, places and things in your life in mind as you shop for windows. Need to keep blinds and shades out of reach of little hands or paws? Do you redecorate frequently? Is there a particular view you’d like to preserve or create? And what about regional considerations – does your area see extreme temperatures?
- Budget. Until you have a particular product and installation method in mind, it’s hard to estimate your total cost. When you’re ready to start planning your budget,
schedule a free in-home consultation
to get a better idea of what a new window will cost.
- Material types. It’s important to consider the material type of your window. Here are the most popular options:
- Wood creates a warm, natural look and can be stained or painted to complement your home’s style.
- Fiberglass is proven to protect your home against extreme heat and cold, while also offering the look of a painted wood window.
- Vinyl is energy efficient and offers affordable quality that’s easy on your budget.
- Styles. You’ll be able to choose from a variety of styles, including casement, double-hung, bay or bow, awning and more. If you’re not sure which one to choose, don’t worry – an expert can help match you with the right window.
- Features and options. You can personalize your window with options that bring added beauty and performance. Try out different stains and finishes, add stylish nickel hardware, or select windows with blinds, shades or grilles tucked between the panes of glass. Learn more about ways you can customize your window.